lauantai 2. lokakuuta 2010

The Crown of Valencia

Title: The Crown of Valencia
Author: Catherine Friend
Published: 2007 by Bold Strokes
Genre: Time traveling historical romance stuff
Pages: 283


Maybe I should finally write about this, considering that I've almost finished another book already after reading this one. Also, I'm in the middle of moving to another apartment right now, well, not this exact minute, or even day, but if I write about this now I won't forget about it in all the hassle. Blah blah blah!

Anyway! The Crown of Valencia! Sequel to Friend's The Spanish Pearl! I can't say much without a lot of spoilers, so... in the last book, Kate Vincent accidentally fell through a cave into 11th century Spain, leaving behind a life in our time. In the Crown, her history-loving ex Anna has discovered a way to follow her to the past, and is now ignoring the greatest rule of time travel: don't fuck with history, or shit will get serious. But she just can't resist meddling.

Shit then gets serious. With a lot of humour, though. But you know what I mean, right?

I thoroughly enjoyed this as much as the first part. Again, there was a nice enough amount of violence against nether regions. But there could always be so much more. Friend needs to write a lot more books. Now, please?


"Without turning her head, Anna flicked one finger toward me, and I was yanked off my feet, my head driven back by a thick arm. An ice cold dagger bit into my exposed throat. "Oh god," I muttered between clenched teeth, my feet dangling above the floor.

""Luis Navarro." Anna's voice dropped low. "Drop your pants before Rodrigo, or Kate Vincent is dead.""


Hee hee. That sounds... interesting out of context. Now I can pack this baby!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti