tiistai 19. huhtikuuta 2011

Lux the Poet (third time!)

Not Baby's First Book, but ah, so entertaining. Read most of it yesterday, too tired to do anything else. Like move. Or draw. Or write. Heck, I'm half falling asleep now as I write this. If I can just survive this week in one piece and insane, work should ease up again.

I meant to write sane.

This is a most excellent book. Martin Millar is a brilliant author. And I will keep repeating this until all you hypothetical readers of this blog believe me and read some of this shit. Ok? Ok.

Short recap: Lux, poet extraordinaire, head and body full of cocaine, wanders around a riot in Brixton, searching for the love of his life, Pearl, who is lost in the riot. Helping him on this most epic quest is Kalia, exiled from Heaven until she can perform 1,000,000 good deeds on Earth. Here, they have a conversation while once again looking for Pearl:


Optimist floods into him. "Did you notice how keen she was to hold my hand? Just about mangled my fingers. And we arranged a day in the country. In fact this has not been a bad night, I got to hold hands with Pearl and I got stuffed full of cocaine."
"You got thrown out of your home."
"I'll find another one."
"You got hit with a brick and mugged."
"It happens."
Lux sniffs, nose still congested.
"Why do you take drugs?"
"Why not?"
"Well that's as good a logical answer as I've heard in three thousand years."

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti