keskiviikko 7. joulukuuta 2011

A Storm of Swords


Title:
A Storm of Swords (1: Steel and Snow & 2: Blood and Gold)
Author: George R. R. Martin
Published: This print in 2011 by Harper Voyager, orig. in 2000
Genre: Fantasy. Epic fantasy.
Pages: 569 + 554 + a whole lotta appendixes. Appendi?


Right! The third part of the epic Song of Ice and Snow, such a brick that it had to be divided into two bricks so that it won't fall apart under its own weight. I can imagine, though, that a hard-cover version of both in one would have made for some strong-armed readers. And concussions, if read in bed.

Anyhoo, I tried to take it slow with the first part, but by the time I got to the second (I tried to take a break in between, to make the series last longer before the inevitable wait of the 6th and 7th book) I was on such a roll that I finished it in about a week.

The bunch of kings from the second book gets shuffled around like a deck of cards, and epic weddings all around. And epic pie-eating, which... wasn't as dirty as it sounded when said out loud. Ma-haaaaan. Had I not been sitting in a bus I would've given that one a standing ovation. And there's scary things in the dark and dragons and I keep getting distracted and can't really figure out a way to come up with a way to sum up all the so many plots and characters.

But I've decided -and I mean it this time- that I'm gonna wait until next year to read the 4th book, since the 5th's coming out as a paperback around March. I'm going to buy them all as paperbacks. Stay tuned to see this plan fall flat on its face the day book 6 comes out!


"You know nothing, Jon Snow."


Oh, and now I get the looks I got when I commented to someone who'd read all the existing books on how I liked the fact that dead people stay DEAD in these books. I get the looks now.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti