sunnuntai 30. joulukuuta 2012

The Angel's Kiss


Title: Doctor Who: The Angel's Kiss
Author: Melody Malone with Justin Richards
Published: 2012. Or, 1938.
Genre: Detective stories!
Pages: 873, but you can't get further than 864. So you're stuck at 99%. How annoying!


I got a Kindle! Or, a Kindle application on my phone. Yay. This was read on that. I can also English.

So, I'm a fan of the long-running TV-series Doctor Who, and this book ties in with an episode of the current season. I won't say much, because, you know, spoilers. I'm sorry, I just giggled a little at that. So, yeah, this book ties in with one particular episode, and I jumped at the chance to get to read it when I figured out this Kindle-application.

The plot's pretty basic:one day, Melody Malone receives a client in her New York office. A handsome movie star called Rock Railton is convinced that someone's out to kill him. And when he mentions the kiss of an Angel, she can't but agree to take the case. She is, you see, very familiar with Angels.

The Angel's Kiss is your classic private detective story with the exceptions that a) the protagonist, Melody Malone, is female, and b) it won't make much sense unless you're acquainted with the show Doctor Who, and the way the Angels operate. It's a show for the whole family, so the tone of the book is such that even the younger ones can read it, but I enjoyed it as well. The Angels were my first Doctor Who monsters, and it helps that they're spooky as all living fuck. I also adore the character of Melody in the show, so, it's all good.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti