maanantai 22. heinäkuuta 2013

White Night


Title: White Night
Author: Jim Butcher
Published: 2007 in book form but this was an audio book
Genre: Noir urban fantasy
Pages: 416 says Wikipedia.


Ooh, I had two weeks of summer holiday, and finished three books! Yay! I also re-organised my bookshelves, and they're now pretty and colourful. Except for the black and white one. And just when I had finished with that, some neighbor abandoned their books, free to a good home. Sooo. I ended up with several new books. ...yay!

Book #9! James Marsters is still reading 'em, so I'm still listening to 'em. A year has passed since Proven Guilty, and Harry is asked to check out a suicide. After some further research, it turns out that there is a serial killer of magic using women running amok around Chicago. After some more research, Harry and Co -including his now-apprentice, Molly- end up with suspects enough to share.

It's been about two weeks since I finished White Night, so I can't really remember what I wanted to say about it. Without spoiling things, anyway. The book jumped straight into action, and didn't slow down until the end. If I remember correctly, there's maybe three more books read by Mr. Marsters. Maybe I'll skip to reading them after those are done.

Quote courtesy of Wikiquote.


Pain is a part of life. Sometimes it's a big part, and sometimes it isn't, but either way, it's part of the big puzzle, the deep music, the great game. Pain does two things: It teaches you, tells you that you're alive. Then it passes away and leaves you changed. It leaves you wiser, sometimes. Sometimes it leaves you stronger. Either way, pain leaves its mark, and everything important that will ever happen to you in life is going to involve it in one degree or another.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti