sunnuntai 15. kesäkuuta 2014

Breakfast on Pluto

Title: Breakfast on Pluto
Author: Patrick McCabe
Published: 1998
Genre: Humorous drama with some history!
Pages: 2190 on the mobile Kindle app, 208 in book form



Wow, I read this ages ago, but have been very lazy with updating. Or, you know, being any kind of social. That includes writing things on the net that no-one reads. Anyhoo, best get to it! First, Breakfast on Pluto!

I love the movie, and bought this Kindle edition as soon as I heard that there was a book before there was a movie. Breakfast is the story of Patrick 'Pussy' Braden (Kitten in the movie), living in Ireland and London during the worst IRA era. She's obsessed with finding her mother, who abandoned her and ran away from their small hometown. Pussy knows that her father is the local priest Father Bernard, and entertains us with plenty of fantasies on just how the Father fathered her!

While the main story and ingredients are the same in both book and movie, there were a lot of changes as well. For one, our main character's name. For another, Pussy's hypersexuality and Kitten's almost chaste ways. I think I like both, on their own and together. And I adore Cillian Murphy, who plays Kitten in the movie. I ended up reading the book in short bits again, and it was often confusing, so it was good to have seen the movie already, I could keep up a little better.


No quote since, for some reason, the little Kindle app has decided to lose all my bookmarks. What.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti