torstai 27. elokuuta 2015

The Gunslinger


Title: The Gunslinger
Author: Stephen King
Published: 1982, revised version from 2003
Genre: Fantasy and Western
Pages: 224



Oops. I've been so busy reading lately that I haven't had time to update!


Sooo yes. I took my first step towards the Dark Tower after reading several times how good the series is. I haven't read King since I was in my very early teens (The Eyes of the Dragon was my favourite, and I just found it from a used book store! Yay!) and the first original Gunslinger-stories are older than I am, so it's about time.


The Gunslinger Roland (wrote Ginslinger accidentally: that would make for a different kind of book) is following the man in black in a world that has many similarities to ours. He knows he has to catch the man in black to reach the Dark Tower, but when Roland comes across a farmer, the man in black has passed some weeks ago already. As he spends the night in the farmer's small house, Roland tells him -and the readers- the story of a town called Tull, which he passed some time before the book started. It gives insight to the world, his past, and the man in black. And then it's time to continue traveling.


I was about to jump straight into the next book, but then some other books happened. It's like, the more I read, the more books I have/want to read.




   The man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed.

 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti