lauantai 19. joulukuuta 2015

Whispers Under Ground (again!)


Title: Whispers Under Ground
Author: Ben Aaronovitch
Published: 2012
Genre: Urban fantasy
Pages: 322


Woo, again already! The sixth book in the series was supposed to come out a month ago, but it was postponed to next June. Aww... but at least there's now time to re-read three, four and five before it comes out! And since it's all Christmassy and shit, I re-read Whispers Under Ground.

American art student, magical pottery, tainted lettuce, FBI, yadda yadda. Loved it possibly even more than the first time around, and now I noticed the nod or two towards the next book. Which I wanted to start straight away, but let's pace ourselves here and read something else in between.

Coincidentally, since it was me and Kindle's -sorry, Kindle and I's- anniversary, I got it new covers. With the London Tube map on them. Nice.


   "You're so boring," she said. "You'd think a copper who was a wizard would be more interesting Harry Potter wasn't this boring. I bet Gandalf could drink you under the table."
   Probably true, but I don't remember the bit where Hermione gets so wicked drunk that Harry has to pull the broomstick over on Buckingham Palace Road just so she can be sick in the gutter. Once Lesley wiped her mouth with the napkins I'd so boringly kept in the glove compartment against such an eventuality, she resumed by pointing out that Merlin probably had something to teach me about the raising of the wrist. 
   I would have been subjected to a longer list except Lesley had grown up reading Sophie Kinsella and Helen Fielding and so ran out of fictional wizards at Severus Snape, after which our journey home continued in relative quiet. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti