tiistai 3. toukokuuta 2016

April

Wow. So. April was shit. I mean, this whole year's been pretty fucking questionable, but April can go and fuck itself with a rusty eggbeater. Repeatedly.

Until (or in case I don't) I get around to writing up all I read in April, here's a list:


Ben Aaronovitch - Broken Homes. Again. Still loved it. Gonna re-read the fifth soon, too, while waiting for the sixth. Which keeps getting pushed back! This keeps up, I'm gonna go for round three soon...

Kate Locke - God Save the Queen. She ain't no human being! I loved the idea of this: vamps and werewolves and all, in London, with Queen Victoria reigning over all. Even so, I kept asking myself every now and then, why am I still reading this? Should've quit.

Martin Amis - Lionel Asbo: State of England. Natural born criminal Lionel, in and out of prison, wins an INSANE amount of money on the lottery. The insanity that follows is mostly seen through the eyes of his nephew and ward, Des.

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird. Finally! My friend Laura from the US sent me a copy as a gift. Beautifully written, really enjoyed it.

Chris Cleave - The Other Hand. Ok, I read this mostly/all in May, on the recommendation of Nowkku. Little Bee, a Nigerian refugee girl in the UK, finds the people she once met on a beach. The book says NOT to tell anyone any more about it than that, to have them find out the rest for themselves, so yeah. I had come across the Finnish version several times in the library, thought about reading it, too, but never got around to it. Then Nowkku recommended it, and I found the original language version on Kindle for, like, one friggin' euro. So, here we are.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti