perjantai 4. tammikuuta 2013

Making History


Title: Making History
Author: Stephen Fry
Published: 1996, this edition in 2011 by Random House
Genre: What If history
Pages: 572 + acknowledgements


Santa, who had obviously reading my Wish list carefully, brought me this. And I loved it.

Michael Young, a student in Cambridge, just finishing his history thesis, runs by accident and whirling winds to an old Jewish professor, who takes great interest in his thesis subject matter: the big bad himself, Adolf Hitler. As they become frieds, Michael ends up helping Leo with the old man's obsession: a world without Hitler. But messing with history is never a good idea, is it?

Mr. Fry sure knows how to put words one after another, and Making History was so much fun to read I didn't want to put it down even when I was falling asleep or meant to get off the bus. Or back to work. I was complaining to the SO yesterday that I have only 200 pages left, it's almost over! But it was so worth it. And the ending made be let out a big Awwww! Or it would have,had I not been sitting in a bus.

But what do I do now that it's over?


He takes possession of the fat bundle of tyre-marked, torn, scrunched and grit-pocked papers and places them carefully on the table, gently smoothing out the top page as he speaks. 'So Michael Young. Would you say that you knew more about the young Adolf Hitler than anyone else alive?'

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti