maanantai 7. lokakuuta 2013

Milk, sulphate and Alby Starvation


Title: Milk, sulphate and Alby Starvation
Author: Martin Millar
Published: 1987 by Fourth Estate (this edition from 1994)
Genre: Humorous fiction
Pages: 152


Apparently it's Millar season for me! Was visiting the parental units while reading Suzy, Led Zeppelin and me, and since it was there, I picked up Alby after finishing Suzy. 

So, second time reading one of my all-time facourites in English, and I'm still loving it. (Here's my last report: linky!) Alby's paranoid towards everything and everyone, except for his hamster Happy, sure that people are after him for his invaluable comic book collection. Not to mention that they are literally ready to kill him because he gave milk a bad name. Really, there's an assassin after him!

Having read Alby straight after one of Millar's later works, it does have bit of a first novel -feel to it, but it still makes me happy, still makes me giggle, and even though I do pretty much remember everything by now, well, obviously I still want to go back to it. Again and agaaaaaaaain!


All this talk of hired killers worries me a bit at the time, though when I think about it rationally my fears diminish a little, I mean, surely the Milk Marketing Board isn't really going to hire someone to kill me? How could they hide the expense on their tax returns? 
   Maybe they wouldn't have to hide it. It might be a legitimate business practice under the Conservatices. They might even offer incentives.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti