maanantai 7. lokakuuta 2013

Suzy, Led Zeppelin and me (again!)





Title: Suzy, Led Zeppelin and me
Author: Martin Millar
Published: 2008 by Soft Skull Press
Genre: Biography & gig review
Pages: 222


I actually gave away my last copy of this book, to a friend. Gosh, hope he liked it! Got an urge to read it again -and to have my Millar-collection whole again- so I bought a used library copy from the big book-store on the internets.

Here's what I wrote last time: link! The plot is still the same, big surprise, but this time 'round I knew more about the band, and caught the reference to The Good Fairies of New York (this one). I still really liked the book, and am again wishing for a good gig to come my way. Ahem, favourite bands of mine who are currently touring but are not coming to Finland and why not?


   It might be Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones, or Public Enemy. Maybe the night you heard Kemistry and Storm DJ was the best night you ever had. The Manic Street Preachers, the Smiths, the Sex Pistols, Todd Terry, Marilyn Manson, or any number of people. The band who made life bearable when you were skulking in your bedroom with the rest of the world against you. At least one time in your life everything was perfect.
   Led Zeppelin in Glasgow. Before it I was frustrated and after it I was disappointed. But when the band played, everything was right.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti