tiistai 23. kesäkuuta 2015

Foxglove Summer


Title: Foxglove Summer
Author: Ben Aaronovitch
Published: 2015
Genre: Urban Rural fantasy
Pages: 333


And straight to the fifth (there was a book I read between 4 and 5, pretending for a few minutes that I wasn't going to jump straight into this one as soon as that was done. I didn't believe me either.)! In which Peter takes a trip from London to Herefordshire, to see its little villages, sprawling rivers and retired wizards.

Two young girls have gone missing, and since there indeed is a retired wizard in the area, Peter needs to make sure that he isn't somehow involved. Just pure routine. Back in London by supper. But suspicious things start to pop up, and Peter finds himself involved deeper and deeper in the disappearance, doing all he can to find the girls. Luckily the area is full of interesting people, both human and not-quite-so. And beeeeees! Quite unusual bees, actually.

Even though there's about as much action as in the previous ones, Foxglove Summer feels a bit like a break, a calm before the storm of what's to come with the Big Bad Guy. I don't mind, it was perfect for the end of my summer holiday, and left me eagerly awaiting the next one. Speaking of, good news! The next one is coming out in November! Wohoo!


   ...   The Police never saw a noun they didn't want to turn into a verb, so it quickly became 'to action', as in you action me to undertake a Falcon assessment, I action a Falcon assessment, a Falcon assessment has been actioned and we all action in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine.

... a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti